1. It’s Thirsty Thursday🍹!
2. It’s a long weekend🤩!!
3. It’s suppose to fell like 40 Sunday☀️☀️…Are those not all reasons to make a batch of White Wine Sangria?!! YES PLEASE! Oh, and another reason to celebrate, they start building today at the Lake🙌🏻🙌🏻!!! Sooo exciting! So, I’m gonna keep it short today because I have a gazillion things to do but I absolutely wanted to share this recipe with you guys before the long weekend!! Because what is better to serve a crowd than a full pitcher of Sangria? (or 1 person… no judging here😏) If you made my Red Wine Sangria it’s pretty much the same thing except we’re swapping the Red Wine for White Wine and the pomegranate juice for white cranberry juice. You could probably use white grape juice but I’m thinking it might be sweeter. Also going to add some pineapple juice. I usually use a dry white wine for this because the juices and the liquors add plenty of sweetness but if you like your cocktails really sweet you could definitely use a sweeter wine. We’re using the same liquors as the Red Wine Sangria: Peach Schnapps and Triple Sec (orange liquor). Then you can add all the fruits you want! I went with a mixture of citrus; grapefruit, oranges, limes and then added blueberries (mostly for colour), green grapes and nectarines. I might have went overboard on the fruit lol🤭, you don’t have to have a 6 fruit blend! Apples are also great, berries, peaches, you could even add some fresh mint!!
The hardest part about making Sangria… the resting time🙄! You can’t enjoy it right away! Well technically you can…(if you’ve really had a bad day go for it) but it’s best to let it rest at least 12 hours so all the flavours really “marry” together and the fruits get nice and macerated. I usually make mine the night before I want to serve! Serve the Sangria over some ice, best to add the ice to the glass rather then adding it to the pitcher so it doesn’t water down as it sits. But if you’re like me and my friends (you know who you are🙋🏻) on a hot summer day, it won’t have time to sit for long lol!
So that’s it for today guys!! White Wine Sangria, it’s as easy as that!! I hope you all have a great Canada Day Weekend!! Let’s all celebrate with a glass of this deliciousness! Cheeers!!
PS: If you’re not into Sangria, what is more Canadian to celebrate than a Classic Caesar, enjoy!!!Print
Refreshing, Fruity, White Wine Sangria! Perfect pitcher cocktail for a hot sunny day or to brighten up a rainy day for that matter!
- 1 Bottle of White Wine
- 1/3 cup Peach Schnapps
- 1/3 cup Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 1 Cup White Cranberry Juice
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
- Sliced fruit of your choice such as, oranges, limes, grapefruits, berries, apples
- In a pitcher, add the wine, peach schnapps, triple sec, white cranberry juice and pineapple juice. Stir everything together.
- Add the sliced fruit, stir and let rest in the refrigerator at least 12 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Serve over ice with the sliced fruit.
Keywords: Sangria, Summer Drinks, Cocktails