*WARNING* These Roasted Baby Potatoes are Highly addictive!!! They are crispy, cheesy, garlicky, and so darn good!!! Make these ASAP, you won’t regret it!!
- 3 Pounds Baby Potatoes
- 2 TBSP Salted Butter
- 2 TBSP EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 TBSP Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 4-5 Large Garlic Cloves
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/3 Cup Freshly Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Optional: Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a 13″x18″ baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Wash the potatoes to remove any dirt. Lay them all out on a clean kitchen towel to dry completely. In the meantime, you’re going to make the garlicky butter/oil mixture.
- Peel 4-5 large garlic cloves. Once they are peeled, place them on a cutting board and smash the cloves.
- In a small pan, add 2 TBSP Butter and 2 TBSP EVOO and melt together over medium heat. Add the garlic cloves and lower the heat a little. You want to cook the garlic for about 5-6 minutes until they are lightly golden brown and tender. Remove from heat and let the garlic sit in the oil/butter mixture until the potatoes are ready to mix.
- When the potatoes are nice and dry, simply cut them in half and add to a large bowl.
- Add 1 TBSP chopped fresh rosemary and 1 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the butter/oil mixture (set aside we will use them later). Add all the butter/oil to the potatoes, rosemary and salt, mix everything together for even coating.
- Spread all the potatoes cut side down on the baking sheet. They should all fit but if you don’t have a large baking sheet, better to split the batch into two small baking sheets than have everything bunched up together.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- While the potatoes are in the oven, grate the Parmigiano, measure about 1/3 cup and set aside. I like to add fresh parsley before serving but it’s optional. If you decide to do that, chop the fresh parsley and set aside. I would say a small handful so probably like 1/4 cup chopped. This is also optional but I always like to add it in for extra flavour. The garlic you used to infuse the butter/oil mixture should be nice and tender. Finely chop it and you can sprinkle it on top of the potatoes before serving along with the parsley.
- Remove the pan from the oven and give everything a flip so the potatoes are all cut side up. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle the grated Parmigiano cheese all over the potatoes. Bake for another 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and begins to crisp. Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle parsley and chopped garlic, give everything a mix and serve immediately.
*This recipe works best with baby potatoes. Try to find potatoes that are pretty similar in size, that will assure even roasting/cooking.
**Placing all the sliced potatoes cut side down on the baking sheet will take about 30 extra seconds and it’s worth it. Rather than dumping them all unevenly all over the pan, this will also assure even roasting.
***You could absolutely make this recipe without the cheese. If you want to veganize it, just simply swap the butter for EVOO and omit the cheese.
Keywords: Rosemary, Parmigiano, Baby Potatoes