I’m starting off with a bang, two posts in one day! Both are soo good, but the brown butter chocolate chunk cookies have a special place in my heart! Just wait until you make them, you’ll see😏! I’m also whipping up a delicious orzo salad with roasted veggies and basil vinaigrette for this weekend and I’ll share the recipe with you all on Friday!!
Ok, so moving on! Who always buys to many bananas at the grocery store? It seems like every week half of them become overripe in my fruit bowl before we get to eat them!
Well lucky for us, we can all make a batch of The Best Banana Muffins this weekend! I know everyone probably has a Banana Muffin recipe in their repertoire but this one has come to be my favorite!
The mixture of mashed bananas + olive oil make them so light & moist. Full of banana flavor & perfectly sweet with maple syrup. Bonus: they’re super healthy with a combination of oats and whole wheat flour. Add some chopped nuts or dark chocolate chips, yumm!!
These stay fresh a few days in an airtight container (if they last that long) and they freeze beautifully. I wrap them individually in plastic wrap and then throw them in the freezer in a zip top bag. Perfect to grab for breakfast on the go or a afternoon snack!
SO, go make a batch of these babies!!! Bring some to a friend, add them to your weekend brunch or keep them all for yourself!!! These would make perfect homemade Mother’s Day gift for your Mama, who doesn’t love muffins? Especially The Best Banana Muffins!!
Happy baking, let me know how they turn out!
These healthy muffins will become one of your favourite snacks. They are so flavourful, perfectly sweet and so moist! Make a double batch, they freeze beautifully!
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats, blended into flour
- 1 1/4 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Medium Bananas, very ripe
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolat Chips
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts
- Extra Banana slices for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine all the dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a second bowl mash the bananas, add the eggs, olive oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk everything together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir until just combined. If your adding chocolate chips or nuts, stir into the mixture.
- In a greased muffin pan, divide batter evenly into 12 muffins. They should fill almost to the top.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the middle and comes out clean.
- Cool your muffins in the pan about 10 minutes and transfer on a wire rack to cool.