Hiii, I’m back already🙋🏻!
I found a few minutes to make those Spicy Watermelon Margaritas, then 5 minutes later I dropped my phone and shattered my screen🤦🏻♀️! Then I drank two margaritas🤷🏻♀️! Ahhhhhh life! Thank god it’s Thirsty Thursday am I right? Short and Sweet, here we go!
Tequila… I have a love and hate relationship with it (you too🤔?)… But on a hot summer day, I do love a good Margarita… especially in the heat we’ve been having, bring on the MARGS!!
This 🌶️Spicy Watermelon🍉 version steers away from the classic but still has what we all love from a margarita, the salty rim & the limy kick (and I guess the Tequila… remember, Love & Hate relationship 😏). If you’re hesitant about the spicy part, don’t worry, it’s not too spicy! You kinda just have a little kick at the end. You could even totally omit the jalapeños if you’re really not into spice… but I would give it a try if I were you! Then, we’re adding even more summer freshness with some delicious watermelon!! The watermelon is so naturally sweet (the fresher = the sweeter = the better) there’s no need to add any additional sweeteners! Give it a little taste once you’ve mixed it (before pouring it into the glass) to see if it’s sweet enough for you! If you want to bump up the sweetness, just add an ounce or so of simple syrup!
Now, let’s get this party started🎉🎉(This makes 2 cocktails by the way). In a cocktail shaker, add 2-3 ounces Tequila (I add 2), 1-ounce orange liqueur (such as Cointreau or Triple Sec), the juice of 2 limes and 4-6 slices fresh jalapeños. Let sit for a few minutes for the jalapenos to infuse the Tequila mixture! If you really want to spice it up, muddle the jalapeños a little🔥!
For the watermelon, you’ll need 1 cup of juice total. To achieve that, you’ll need to blend up 2 packed cups of cubed watermelon (seedless if possible). Once your watermelon is all blended up, strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the excess pulp. Measure 1 cup juice and add to the shaker!
For the Salty rim, I actually do a combo of Salt + Sugar + Lime zest! I don’t usually measure it but let’s say 2-3 TBSP of coarse salt with 1 TBSP white granulated sugar and the zest of one lime! Then, juice the lime in a separated dish to dip the rim of the glass so the salt/sugar/lime mixture will stick to the rim!
Serve over lots of ice and garnish with extra jalapeños slices, lime or watermelon wedges!
- 2-4 Ounces Tequilla
- 1 Ounce Orange Liqueur, such as Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 4 Ounces Watermelon Juice
- The Juice of 2 Limes (About 2 Ounces)
- 4-6 Slices of fresh jalapenos, extra for garnish
- 1-2 Ounce Simple Syrup
- You’ll need extra lime juice, lime zest, coarse salt & white granulated sugar (optional) to rim the glass.
- In a small dish, add the juice of one lime. In another small dish, add 2 TBSP coarse salt, 1 TSBP white granulated sugar and the zest of 1 lime. Take each glass, dip the rim in the lime juice then dip in the salt and sugar mixture, set aside.
- In a shaker, add the tequila, the orange liqueur, the lime juice and the jalapenos slices. Let sit while you make the water juice.
- In a blender, add two packed cups of watermelon cubes, preferable seedless. Blend until there are no more chunks. Strain through a fine mesh sieve.
- To a cocktail shaker, add ice, watermelon juice and tequila mixture. Shakeeee.
- Add ice to your prepared glasses, pour margaritas and serve icy cold. Garnish with extra jalapenos slices, lime or watermelon wedges.
Lastly, two things to celebrate:
1. It was National Tequila Day this past Tuesday, so Salud to that!!!
2. Those super cute Flamingo glasses are from superstore, and they’re on sale for like 3$ #Winning!
Have a great weekend friends, Cheers✌🏻!