This Roasted Vegetable & Goat Cheese Frittata is a perfect BLD (Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner). The tangy goat cheese & roasted veggies pair perfectly together. This dish is delicious right out of the oven or served at room temperature. Try this Frittata for your next #MeatlessMonday !!
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 2 Heaping Cups Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 Large Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Medium Onion
- 3 TBSP EVOO
- Salt + Pepper
For the Frittata:
- 6 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Roasted Vegetables
- 1 Cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Milk, Dairy or Non-Dairy
- 2 Scallions Chopped, about 2 TBSP (light green & dark green parts)
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
For The Roasted Vegetables:
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, bell pepper, red onions, EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) & salt + pepper to a bowl, mix everything together.
- Add all the veggies to the prepared baking sheet at roast about 20 minutes. About half way through, remove from the oven toss for even roasting.
- Set aside to cool slightly.*
For The Frittata:
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- With EVOO or non-stick cooking spray, grease a non-stick oven safe skillet, either 8 or 10 inch.
- In a large bowl, add the 6 eggs, milk, salt + pepper. Whisk vigorously to combine.
- To the eggs, add the roasted vegetables, about half of the goat cheese and the chopped scallions.
- Add the egg mixture to the prepared skillet, sprinkle the remaining goat cheese.
- Bake the Frittata for 16-20 minutes or until a tested with a toothpick and comes out clean.*
*The roasted vegetables can be prepared up to two days before, just store them in the fridge until ready to use.
**For this recipe I used a 10-inch non stick skillet and it took about 16 minutes to be done. If your using an 8-inch skillet, it will be slightly thicker so you can add a few minutes for the cooking time. Test it with a toothpick as you would a cake.
Keywords: Breakfast, BLD, Lunch, Dinner, Eggs, Frittata