Happy Monday Friends🙋🏻!!
We’re still all obsessed with everything pumpkin right? K, good because I have the BEST Pumpkin Bread recipe for you guys!! A few months ago, my Aunt gave me my Grandmother’s old recipe book. Along with a bunch of loose recipe scribbles. I can’t even tell you how much that made me happy. There is just something about those old family recipes that are just perfection. I spent a whole day looking through all of them, and I’m going to make all of them, but I thought what better recipe to start with than this Pumpkin Bread!! Because tis the season, right? I mean, she uses canned pumpkin to make this bread so technically you can make this all year long, and you probably should because it is literally thebomb.com. Oh, about that canned pumpkin. Make sure when you’re at the store you buy “Pumpkin Puree” and not “Pumpkin Pie Filling”. Not the same thing. Pumpkin Puree is exactly that, pureed pumpkin. Pumpkin Pie Filling has sugar, spices, and some other things added to it. So, you don’t want to use that in this recipe.
Her original recipe makes 2 breads, she uses a little more oil and she used only white sugar. I spilt the recipe in half (which you could totally double it if you want to make two), reduced the oil a tiny bit and did half white sugar half brown sugar. I just like the combo of both sugars when I’m baking. This bread is so moist already with that pumpkin puree but the brown sugar adds even more, delicious. Also, Memere didn’t have a crumble on there, which I decided to add because crumble is life. Right🤤?So, we’re suppose to have a snow day this week😱… you guys are aware of that yes… 30CM❄❄❄. I highly suggest making this bread, putting on the comfiest cloths, make all the coffee and eat how many pieces your little heart desires😊. Also, this bread stays fresh for up to 4 days in an airtight container and it freezes beautifully #winning.
Hope this Family recipe makes your heart as much as it makes mine❤❤❤.
This is my Grandmother’s Pumpkin Bread Recipe! I decided to add a Pecan Crumble to make it my own and it’s delicious. This bread stays fresh for up to 4 days and freezes beautifully! Make it ASAP, you will not regret it.
For the Bread:
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 + 1/2 Cups AP Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Optional: 1/2 Cup Raisins or Chopped Pecans
For the Crumble:
- 4 TBSP AP Flour
- 2 TBSP Brown Sugar
- 2 TBSP White Granulated Sugar
- 3 TBSP Chopped Pecans
- 2 TBSP Butter, melted
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground Cinnamon
For the Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan with a peice of parchment paper (overhanging on the 9inch sides), set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Pumpkin Pie Spice & Cinnamon. Whisk everything together and set aside.
- In either the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachement, a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer or a large mixing bowl with a whisk, add the vegetable oil and both sugars. Whisk everything together until combined.
- Add the eggs, mix until light and fluffy. Add the Pumpkin puree and mix again.
- To the pumpkin mixture, add the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- If you are adding either Raisins or Pecans, add them now.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan, set aside.
For the Crumble:
- In a small bowl, add the butter and pop in the microwave for a few second to melt (you could also melt on the stovetop).
- Add the flour, brown sugar, white sugar and Cinnamon. Crumble with your fingers and spread on top of Pumpkin Bread Batter.
- Bake the bread in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool completely, slice and enjoy.
**Very important: Make sure when you buy Pumpkin Puree, you are not buying Pumpkin Pie Filling. They are not the same thing. Pumpkin Puree is exactly that, Pureed Pumpkin and that’s it. Pumpkin Pie filling has added sugar, spices and some other stuff.
Keywords: Pumpkin, Pumpkin Bread, Quick Bread