Pomegranate Ginger Margaritas, Festive Cocktail at it’s Finest. Perfect mix of everything you want in a Holiday Drink! Make one, or a whole pitcher! Cheers
For The Ginger Simple Syrup:
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Ginger, Chopped
1 Pomegranate Ginger Margarita:
- 1 Oz. Pomegranate Juice, unsweetened (such as POM)
- 1 Oz. Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 Oz. Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 Oz. Orange Liqueur (Such as Cointreau)
- 1.5 -2 Oz. Tequila
- Pinch of Salt
For a Pitcher of Pomegranate Ginger Margaritas:
- 1 Cup Pomegranate Juice
- 1 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 Cup Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 Cup Orange Liqueur
- 1.5-2 Cups Tequila
- A few good pinches of Salt
For the Salt & Sugar Lime Rimmer:
- Equal part Coarse Salt and Sugar
- Zest of 1 lime
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Limes Wedges/Slices
- Crystalized Ginger
For the Ginger Simple Syrup:
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water and ginger to a boil. Once the sugar has completely dissolved, remove from heat and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Discard the ginger and store the Simple Syrup in the fridge until ready to use. It can be made ahead of time and will keep in the fridge for up to a month.
For 1 Margarita:
- Rim the contour of the glass with a wedge of lime. Then, dip the rim in Salt/Sugar mixture. Add ice to the glass and proceed to mixing cocktail.
- To a cocktail shaker, add the Pomegranate Juice, Lime Juice, Simple Syrup, Orange Liqueur, Tequila and pinch of Salt. Add Ice and Shake.
- Pour in prepared glass and garnish with ALL the garnishes.
For a Pitcher of Margaritas:
- In a large pitcher, combine the Pomegranate Juice, Fresh Lime Juice, Simple Syrup, Orange Liqueur, Tequila along with a few good pinches of salt. Mix everything together with a spoon and store in the fridge until ready to use*.
*For the Pitcher Style Margaritas: You don’t want to add the ice to the pitcher. Store the pitcher in the fridge until ready to serve and pour over ice in prepared glasses as you go! You could also pour some of the mixture in a cocktail shaker as you go if you want it icy cold a little frothy.