Green Smoothies, are you a fan? Spinach? You can’t even taste it! Healthy, delicious, filling, nutritious, easy, perfect grab and go breakfast for busy mornings. Even the kids will love it!
- 1-1/2 Cups Nut Milk, or water, coconut water, soy milk
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 1 Cup Frozen Pineapple or Mango chunks, or a combination of both
- 1/2 – 1 Banana
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt, or the yogurt of your choice (I suggest plain or vanilla)
- 1-2 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 1-2 TBSP Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Optional: 1 Scoop Protein Powder
- If you are using a high power blender such as a Vitamix or Blendtech, simply add all the ingredients, blend together on high for 1 minute and divide into 2 smoothies. (This could serve 1 person if you’re replacing a meal.)
- If you have a blender that is less powerful than the ones listed above, that is not a problem, just divide it into steps.
- Start by adding the liquid and the greens, blend until smooth.
- Then add the Chia Seeds, Coconut and Protein powder, blend.
- Add the yogurt, the fruit and blend again.
- Serve and Enjoy!
*Using frozen fruit will assure that you’re smoothie is nice and cold without adding ice and diluting it. I suggest at least using 1 frozen fruit if possible.
**My preference for the liquid in this smoothie is almond milk but any milk will do, water or even coconut water. Try to steer clear of adding fruit juices for your liquid as you already have natural sugar and sweetness from the fruits.
***If you want to make this smoothie dairy free, you could totally omit the yogurt and add a few chunks of avocado to add creaminess.
Keywords: green smoothie, spinach, healthy, healthy breakfast