Hey Friends, Happy Thursday!
So, a Few Things:
1. It’s feels like -35° ……… What. The. Heck.😱
2. I’m addicted to Figs.
3. I’m still struggling with drinking more water, Help!
4. Is Grey’s Anatomy back on tonight?🙏🏻
K, so I just thought I would share how I’m topping my Overnight Oats lately. The oats are my usual Easy Overnight Oats recipe which are really easy (Duh🙃) to whip up. And, it makes 3-4 servings so Breakfast for the week🙌🏻 #Winning. Now, like I just mentioned… I’m slightly addicted to Figs. They are delicious as is, but I must say That I’m loving this Maple Roasted Fig situation quite a bit.
Not only are they amazing on these oats but they would also delicious on:
– My Fig & Ricotta Crostini’s (just swap the fresh figs with these babies)
– On a Cheese Board
– Mixed into yogurt
– In a grilled cheese…. Trust me on this one, so gooood.
– You could also puree them into a jam.
So many options!!! Anyways, here’s how I made them (so easy it’s ridiculous)!
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Slice 12 Figs in half.
- Drizzle them with 2 TBSP Maple Syrup & 2 TBSP EVOO. Stir them around (gently so you don’t mash them up) just until they are all coated with the Maple/Oil. Sprinkle them with a pinch of salt.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they are slightly browned, tender and delicious. You can give them a flip half way through cooking time.
- Use them right away or store them in the fridge until ready to use.
If you want to add a savoury element to this, you could add some fresh thyme before roasting them. That would be really great if you want to use them to accompany a cheese dish, Yumm!