Minty Bourbon Lemonade, as delicious and refreshing as it sounds!! Perfect for a crowd on hot summer days!! The mint flavour is subtle but present, the lemonade is sweet but not to sweet, and the bourbon ads the perfect little kick!! You add the Bourbon separately in each cocktail so you can serve the Minty Lemonade on it’s own for a delicious mocktail or treat for the kids! Cheers!
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup packed mint leaves
- 2 Cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5-6 Cups water
- Extra lemon slices for garnish
- Fresh mint for garnigh
- To a small saucepan, add 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Bring to a simmer until sugar has dissolved.
- Once all the sugar has dissolved, add fresh mint leaves and let steep for about 30 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a mason jar and discard the mint leaves.
- Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Freshly squeeze 2 cups lemon juice, about 8-10 lemons depending on the size.
- Add the fresh lemon juice to a pitcher along with 5 cups water*.
- Add simple syrup* and stir to combine.
Minty Bourbon Lemonade:
- In a glass or cocktail shaker, add 2 ounces of bourbon and 6-8 ounces of minty lemonade.
- Pour over ice and garnish with fresh lemon slice and fresh mint leaves.
*The simple syrup will keep nicely in the fridge for up to a month so you can prepare it ahead of time.
**You can start off by adding about a cup of the simple syrup, taste the lemonade and adjust to taste. Some people like it sweeter and some people like it more on the sour side. Don’t forget it will dilute a little with the ice and bourbon.
***I do 2 cups lemon juice, 5 cups water and the simple syrup but you could go up to 6 cups water. I suggest starting off with 5, tasting and adjusting from there.
Keywords: lemonade, bourbon, mint, cocktail, mocktail