Perfect addition to any cheese board, Maple Fig Jam! Perfect Sweet addition (and naturally sweetened with Maple Syrup) to a salty bite. Isn’t sweet and salty the best?
- 3 Cups Chopped Fresh Figs, about 1 pound
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- The Zest of about half a lemon
- The Juice of half a Lemon, about 1 Tbsp
- Pinch of Salt
- Optional: You could totally add a little fresh thyme if you want to add some “savouriness”
- Wash and chop the Figs. You need about 3 Cups!
- Add the chopped figs, maple syrup, lemon zest, juice and salt to a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil then lower down to a simmer. Watching carefully and stirring often so it doesn’t stick to the bottom. Simmer for about 20 minutes and you’ve got Jam!
- Transfer the jam to a jar to cool and store in the fridge until ready to use.
*I like the jam to be nice and chunky so I don’t brake up the peices to much as it’s cooking down but if you want a smoother jam just mash them up as they cook.
Keywords: Figs, Fig Jam, Maple Fig Jam