I know, I knoww…. it’s been a Month since I’ve popped in to say Hello and Share a recipe with you guys….😬😳🤦🏻♀️ So sorry, it’s been a little wild over here!! But, can’t complain, all good things of course!
Just thought I would share one of my Fave condiments just in time for the Weekend!! Who doesn’t love a good cheeseboard? I DO!! With all the cheese, all the charcuterie, olives, bread and of course, a little something sweet : Maple Fig Jam🤤So easy to make at home, literally 4 Ingredients. Takes about 25 minutes total (with the prep) and you have a little some extra to fancy up your spread🥖🧀🍇.
Now let me give you a few other options of how to use up this deliciousness:
- Grilled Cheese with Prosciutto & Fig Jam
- PB & FJ : Fancy up you usually morning snack with this delicious Jam
- Use it as Swap for the fresh figs in my Fig & Ricotta Crostini’s
Hope you guys enjoy, I’ll try to be back soon😘
PS: This and a bottle of wine would make a killer hostess gift, Right?
PPS: It is suppose to be nice and Sunny this Weekend, FINALLYYY!!! Who’s making some drinks🙋 May I suggest:
Perfect addition to any cheese board, Maple Fig Jam! Perfect Sweet addition (and naturally sweetened with Maple Syrup) to a salty bite. Isn’t sweet and salty the best?
- 3 Cups Chopped Fresh Figs, about 1 pound
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- The Zest of about half a lemon
- The Juice of half a Lemon, about 1 Tbsp
- Pinch of Salt
- Optional: You could totally add a little fresh thyme if you want to add some “savouriness”
- Wash and chop the Figs. You need about 3 Cups!
- Add the chopped figs, maple syrup, lemon zest, juice and salt to a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil then lower down to a simmer. Watching carefully and stirring often so it doesn’t stick to the bottom. Simmer for about 20 minutes and you’ve got Jam!
- Transfer the jam to a jar to cool and store in the fridge until ready to use.
*I like the jam to be nice and chunky so I don’t brake up the peices to much as it’s cooking down but if you want a smoother jam just mash them up as they cook.
Keywords: Figs, Fig Jam, Maple Fig Jam