How’s everyone’s start to New Year going? Are you all sticking to your Resolutions? Well, I have a little confession… Didn’t stick to either of Mine🙃 Drink more water = fail. Dry January = fail. (Bachelor Monday/Bubbles got the best of me🤷🏻♀️). Oh well, Maybe Dry February will happen but #nopromisses. More water, I’ll try again Tomorrow!!
Also, Sorry I’ve been a little MIA, so many things on the go & lots to do. BUT, I’m back with a killer snack for your next girls night, date night or dinner party, these Fig & Ricotta Crostini are always a good idea. So easy, it’s basically just assembling a bunch of delicious ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Fresh Figs
- Arugula or Basil Leaves
- Fresh Ricotta
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
So Pretty right😍 Fresh Figs are not always the easiest to find at the grocery store (at least where I live) but they are great. If you can’t find fresh figs, this would also be delicious with a dollop of Fig Jam (I like the Bonne Maman Brand) or torn up dried figs. The combination of the creamy ricotta, salty prosciutto, sweet figs, peppery arugula and the crispy baguette all go so well together.
Sweet/Salty/Crunchy/Creamy = All the things you look for in the perfect crostini. Fig & Ricotta Crostini
- 1 Small Baguette, sliced
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- Fresh Figs, slices or halved
- Arugula (or basil leaves work great too)
- 1 TBSP Honey + extra for drizzling
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the sliced baguette and bake for about 10 minutes until the bread is toasted and slightly browned. Remove bread from the oven and let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, add the Ricotta, 1 TBSP Honey, a drizzle of EVOO, Salt & Pepper. Give everything a mix and ajust seasoning to taste.
- Spread the Ricotta on the toasted baguette, top with a few leaves of Arugula, then a peice of Prosciutto and top with the fresh figs. Drizzle with extra honey, sprinkle with flaky sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Serve immediately, enjoy!