These Classic Lobster Rolls are the perfect treat for any occasion!! The addition of few ingredients really compliment the Lobster nicely and lets it shine, as it should! Enjoy these Lobster Rolls tonight!
- 1 Pound Lobster meat*
- 1/4 cup + 1 TBSP Mayonnaise, preferably Hellmann’s
- 1 TSBP fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 finely diced celery
- 1 TBSP chopped chives + more for topping
- 6-8 New England Style hot dog buns**
- Salted Butter
- Chop the lobster into nice big pieces. You don’t want to chop it too small as it will lose its “meaty” texture. If you have some nice claw pieces, keep them for topping for a nice presentation.
- Finely dice the celery and chives, add to the lobster.
- In s small dish, mix the lemon juice and mayonnaise together until fully combined. Add to lobster mixture.
- Season with salt + pepper and adjust seasoning to taste. Put the lobster mixture in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-low heat.
- Spread salted butter evenly on both sides of the bun. Brown the buns on each side until nicely browned. This will take about 6-8 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Stuff your Buns! Add about 2 generous spoonsful of the lobster mixture to each roll. Serve immediately!
*If your using lobster that was previously frozen, make sure that once it has thawed completely, drain it and pat it dry with some paper towel. You don’t want to have any additional lobster juice to your mixture as it will liquefy your mayonnaise.
**For the serving size, I like to say between 6-8 Lobster Rolls. I usually get 6 out of one recipe as I like to have a generous portion of lobster in each roll.