Happy Mothers Day, to all the Moms out there! A special shout out to my mom, Aline, whom I love very much and to my special Aunts❤️ They are all so good to us, so lucky to have them! Unfortunately, we can’t be there to celebrate with them today but if we were, we would be having these lobster rolls for sure!
Lobster rolls have to be hands down one of my favourites!!! Especially this time of year when lobster season just started! How lucky are we to have some of the best lobster in the world!! It’s also very convenient that our local fish markets sell lobster all ready for you, out of the shell, perfect to whip these up in no time!
When it comes to lobster rolls, I’m classic all. the. way! There are so many different versions out there but I really think sticking to the basics when it come to these is the best! When you start adding to many additional flavours to your recipe, you end up hiding the star of your dish, the lobster!! Mayonnaise (preferably Hellmann’s), celery, chives, lemon juice, salt + pepper. That’s it! So simple, so good!
That applies to the bread too. No baguette, no burger buns, no sandwich bread (that will be for the lobster BLT’s 😉). Plain old split down the middle hot dog buns, which apparently are called the “New England Style” bun., who knew? Spread them with salted butter evenly on both sides and brown them in a skillet over medium low heat. Low and slow is key for even browning! The bread to lobster ratio is just right👌.
My accompaniment of choice with these delicious lobster rolls? CHIPS! Again, so simple but so good!! Fries are also a good choice, but there’s just something about lobster & chips, it’s a match made in Heaven! Drink of choice? Rosé!! All day? Hey, it’s Mothers Day!
Enjoyy, go treat your Mom with these delicious lobster rolls! Maybe some of you have made my Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies for dessert? If so, let me know!
These Classic Lobster Rolls are the perfect treat for any occasion!! The addition of few ingredients really compliment the Lobster nicely and lets it shine, as it should! Enjoy these Lobster Rolls tonight!
- 1 Pound Lobster meat*
- 1/4 cup + 1 TBSP Mayonnaise, preferably Hellmann’s
- 1 TSBP fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 finely diced celery
- 1 TBSP chopped chives + more for topping
- 6-8 New England Style hot dog buns**
- Salted Butter
- Chop the lobster into nice big pieces. You don’t want to chop it too small as it will lose its “meaty” texture. If you have some nice claw pieces, keep them for topping for a nice presentation.
- Finely dice the celery and chives, add to the lobster.
- In s small dish, mix the lemon juice and mayonnaise together until fully combined. Add to lobster mixture.
- Season with salt + pepper and adjust seasoning to taste. Put the lobster mixture in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-low heat.
- Spread salted butter evenly on both sides of the bun. Brown the buns on each side until nicely browned. This will take about 6-8 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Stuff your Buns! Add about 2 generous spoonsful of the lobster mixture to each roll. Serve immediately!
*If your using lobster that was previously frozen, make sure that once it has thawed completely, drain it and pat it dry with some paper towel. You don’t want to have any additional lobster juice to your mixture as it will liquefy your mayonnaise.
**For the serving size, I like to say between 6-8 Lobster Rolls. I usually get 6 out of one recipe as I like to have a generous portion of lobster in each roll.