Hey Friends!!! TGIT that means it’s almost Friday, who’s excited🙋🏻
I have the perfect Snack for your Weekend festivities, BURRATA. I mean, Burrata is okay #AllDayEveryday if you ask me😏 #Favourite.
I’ve been giving KETO a try lately, not eating carbs😬😬……. It’s definitely a temporary thing for me but really, it’s not so bad cause you can eat all the Cheese🙌🏻🙌🏻 (and all the Bacon🥓)
Obviously you can/should serve this with some toasted baguette cause it’s delicious but if your skipping carbs it’s also delicious on it’s own. Kinda like a twist on Caprese Salad. Also, If you can’t find Burrata, Mozzarella Di Bufala would be great.
FYI, This recipe is as Easy as it gets💁 #Winning. The only thing you really have to do is roast the tomatoes. Since we’re in the middle of winter and it’s definitely not tomato season, roasting them is the best way to bring out their flavour/sweetness. I like to add some garlic cloves(unpeeled) to the pan so you get like mini roasted garlic, so good!
Let’s talk about these little roasted tomatoes for a minute. Yes, these are delicious on Burrata but roasted tomatoes are just the Bomb. Add them to pasta (Omg Keto has me craving All.The.Pasta😩), omelets, top some grilled fish or chicken, so good!
Have the BEST Weekend guys😘
Creamy, Dreamy, Burrata topped with Sweet Roasted Cherry Tomatoes served with Toasted Baguette. Yes. Please! Appetizer, Snack, Whatever you want to call it, it’s the BOMB!
- 1 Ball Burrata (You can sub with Fresh Mozzarella Di Buffala)
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes, whole
- 10 Garlic Cloves, unpeeled
- Fresh Thyme
- Fresh Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- Baguette for Serving
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- In a small bowl, add the whole cherry tomatoes, the unpeeled garlic cloves, the leaves of 4-5 sprigs of thyme, a decent amount of EVOO (you want all of the tomatoes to be nicely coated) and then season with Salt & Pepper.
- Roast the tomatoes for 25-30 minutes until they begin to burst and have began to caramelize.
- Remove pan from oven, let them cool for about 10 minutes. When the garlic cloves are cool enough to handle, carefully peel of the skin and add the roasted garlic to the tomatoes. I like to leave them whole but you could also mash it up into a paste and mix it in with the tomatoes.
- Spread the Roasted Tomatoes & Garlic over Burrata, garnish with fresh Basil leaves, drizzle with EVOO and season with Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper.
- Serve with toasted Baguette or eat as you would a Caprese Salad.
*Take the Burrata out of the fridge a good 30 minutes before serving. You want that creamy center to soften up at room temp.
**The Tomato mixture can be prepared ahead of time but it is delicious when it’s still a little warm.
Keywords: Burrata, Roasted Tomatoes, Basil, Appetizer