This might be your new favourite summer salad! Filled with all the best things summer has to offer: Tomatoes, Corn, Lobster, Avocados, Fresh Basil… then BACON! Yum! Perfect light lunch or side dish.
- 1/2 Cup cooked & crispy bacon, chopped into bite size peices
- 2 Cups chopped lobster meat
- 2 Cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (measure when sliced)
- 4 large ears of corn, kernels sliced off
- 1 large avocado, pit removed and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped or chiffonade fresh basil
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Salt & Pepper
- You will need 1/2 cup of chopped cooked bacon. You can use the method you prefer to cook the bacon. Measure 1/2 cup and set aside.
- Remove the husk from 4 ears of corn. Carefully remove the kernels from the raw corn (I included a video in my post). Once you have removed all the kernels, add them to a medium skillet with a few TBSP of EVOO and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Once it’s cooked, set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, measure 2 cups and set aside.
- Chop 2 cups of lobster meat, set aside. (Try to save nice claw peices to top the salad, so pretty).
- Slice the Avocado in half, remove the pit and dice. Set aside.
- Chop or chiffonade a small handful of fresh basil leaves. You will need about a 1/4 cup.
- For the vinaigrette, in a small mason jar, add the juice of 1 lime, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard and 1/4 cup EVOO. Season with Salt & Pepper and give it a shake. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked corn, the sliced tomatoes, the chopped lobster, the crispy bacon and the cubeb avocado. Add the fresh basil and drizzle the vinaigrette. Mix everything together, adjust the seasoning and serve immediately.
*This salad is best served immediately after it’s made. Leftovers could hold up for about a day in the fridge but the bacon will loose it’s crisp.
** If you do want to make it ahead of time, prepare all the elements and keep everything in separate bowls until ready to eat. I would wait to chop the avocado & basil until the last minute to prevent browning.
Keywords: lobster, blt, corn, avocado, summer salad