Happy New Year Friends!! New Year, New Beginnings & New Goals! Something that won’t change this year? All the delicious recipes coming your way🤩 Who overindulged over the Holidays a little🙋🏻🤷🏻♀️? I mean… that’s what the Holidays are for right, celebrating with the people you love with all the food & drinks!! So no regrets for all those Pomegranate Ginger Margs, all the Spicy Nuts and those Arancini. No. Regrets🙅🏻. But, I’m ready for some veggies now. SO, Stir fry, always a good idea. You can use all the veggies you have in your fridge, serve it up as is, on rice, on noodles, so good. I went with beef for this but it would also be delicious with chicken.
Two ways to Marinate the Beef:
☝🏻Whole, cook it in a hot pan to your preferred “doneness”, let it rest as the veggies are cooking then slice it up.
✌🏻Slice it thinly before marinating, Stir fry with the veggies.
I prefer method #1, but you do you🙃 A few important things when you’re making stir fry… hot pan, quick cooking, don’t over cook those veggies (you still want them to have a slight crunch to them).
2019 is gonna be good you guys, I just know it! ALSO, who’s doing Dry January? We are, nice way to reset & start fresh in the New Year!!
Have the absolute best day!
Beef & Veggie Stir Fry with Soy Ginger Siracha sauce . Serve it up as is, on noodles or a bed of rice. Healthy, Delicious & Fresh = Perfection
For the Sauce/Marinade:
- 4 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 3 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 2 TBSP Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Siracha, more for serving
- 2 Tsp Fresh Ginger, minced or grated
- 3 small Garlic Cloves, grated
- Zest of 1 lime
- Salt & Pepper
For the Stir Fry:
- 1 Pound Steak, I used Ribeye but you can use the cut of Beef you prefer
- 2 Cups Chopped Carrots
- 2 Cups Snap Peas
- 4 Cups Bok Choy
- Fresh Herbs, Lime Wedges, Chopped Peanuts, Toasted Sesame Seeds, Siracha for serving
- Rice or Noodles for Serving
- Vegetable Oil for cooking
- Optional: Toasted Sesame Oil*
For the Sauce/Marinade:
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a medium dish. Add the beef to the sauce and let it marinate at least an hour. I left the steak whole, cooked it to medium-rare on high heat, let is rest as the veggies are cooking. When the veggies are done, slice the steak and top the stir fry.
- In the same pan as you cook the steak, add a little more oil, add the veggies and cook on high heat for about 2-3 minutes stirring often. Add the remaining marinade to the veggies and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat, add the sliced steak and serve it up on rice or noodles. If you are serving with noodles, you can add the noodles directly to the veggies and sauce. Top with fresh cilantro, chopped peanuts, limes wedges, toasted sesame seeds and extra siracha.
*You can use the veggies that you want for the Stir Fry. You should aim to have about 8 cups total of chopped veggies.
**You want the veggies to still be slightly crisp so make sure not to overcook them.
***You can drizzle a little toasted sesame oil before serving, just make sure not to add to much it can be overpowering.
Keywords: Stirfry, Beef, Healthy Dinner, Healthy